The Hellenic Society for Technology and Construction Law (EMEDITEKA) was founded in 1993 and is a scientific, non-profit association having as purpose the study of legal matters involving technology and construction law and the resolution of related disputes. To this end the Society encourages the scientific and professional cooperation of its members, organizes conferences and events and cooperates with other construction law societies abroad and most importantly the European Society for Construction Law, of which it became a member in 1993.
The Hellenic Society has approximately two hundred members, mainly legal professionals, but also engineers with experience in or interest in construction law. The Society is administered by a board of nine members, which consists of:
1. Konstantinos Menoudakos, President, former President of the Council of State
2. Evangelia Koutoupa-Regakou, Vice-President, Professor of Law at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
3. Panagiotis Verveniotis, Secretary General, lawyer, LL.M.
4. Leandros Slavis, Special Secretary, engineer, Elliniki Technodomiki TEV S.A.
5. Ioannis Vassardanis, Treasurer, lawyer
6. Elina Moustaira, Member, Professor of Law at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
7. Antonias Dimolitsa, Member, lawyer
8. Konstantinos Rovlias, Member, lawyer, DEA de Droit Immobilier (Paris 2)
9. Panagiotis Degleris, Member, lawyer
In the frame of its activities the Hellenic Society has organized several scientific events, of which the most recent are:
- “Construction Works and Cultural Enrironment” (Thessaloniki, April 2015 and Athens, June 2016)
- “Presentation of the ESCL Book on Constuction Law” (Athens, March 2016)
- “The Execution of Public Contracts: the current state and proposals for improvement and acceleration” (Athens, June 2014)
- “The Award Procedures of Public Contracts: the current state and proposals for improvement and acceleration” (Athens, December 2013)
The Society has further published in cooperation with publishers “Ant. A. Sakkoulas” three volumes on “Public Private Partnerships – the new law 3389/2005 on partnerships and the international experience” (2007), “Public Contract in Community Law – Recent Developments” (2008) and “Construction and the Protection of the Environment” (2009).
Mr Konstantinos Menoudakos, Honorary President of the Council of State
Mr. Panagiotis Verveniotis
Valaoritou St. 9